This week Tom and I made a recipe we found on Pinterest called Crack Chicken. You slow cook it in the Crock Pot and the best part is it’s keto friendly and low carb. But you don’t have to follow a low carb lifestyle to enjoy it. The whole family will love this creamy, cheesy chicken dish!
• 1/2 cup chicken broth
• 1 Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packet
• 2 pounds of defrosted chicken breasts
• 8 oz package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese cut into chunks
• 8 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
• 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1) Add chicken broth to the slow cooker and stir in a Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning packet. Then add defrosted chicken breasts to the crock pot.
2) Cook and cover for 4 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW.
3)After the cook time has ended, shred the chicken with two forks.
When you shred the chicken, it will absorb any leftover liquid.
4)Add in the chunks of cut up Philadelphia Cream Cheese, bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir all of the ingredients together
5)Cover the crock pot again and leave in for an additional 5-10 minutes until the cream cheese has melted.
While you can serve this Keto Crack Chicken in the Crock Pot on it’s own or with a side salad, I think it would be wonderful served over a portobello mushroom or a pepper stuffed pepper style. If you’re feeling up for it you can also serve this chicken in lettuce wraps for a low carb meal. It’s so versatile the possibilities are endless!
Tom and I ate ours on its own, and not only was it charmingly delicious BUT super filling! You can see the nutrition facts below and see it clicks in at only 1 gram of carb.
What’s your favorite low carb recipe you’d like me to try? Let me know in the comments below!